Thursday, October 15, 2015

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/10/12/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10565/
This blog above is closed for comments, so I started this blog. When I first went about creating this blog, Windows Update gave no indication that build 10565 was available, but just now it has.
Anyways, on with my analysis rant.

  • After Build 10525, we heard a lot of feedback that some context menus were too big for mouse. We’ve made adjustments to many of the context menus to make them smaller for using them with a mouse.
I remember seeing complaints that some people had about context menus being too large, but for a mouse. Maybe those people got tired of traversing the menus, I guess, but there may also be other reasons for wanting smaller context menu elements. I, for one, would much rather have larger menus all around while using the mouse, because I've been having trouble with Chrome's bookmark folders being too small such that it's easy to get off of one menu item and onto another, and then something bad occasionally happens as a result, usually some menu getting in the way. They should probably put a scrollbar on all menus that are too long for easier access instead of the up and down arrows at the top and bottom of the menu respectively.

Oh, and tab preview should really be called tab reminder, as usually I've seen the tab already. No mention of fixing any of the other things that makes Edge not stand up to other browsers?

And the update isn't showing up again, and Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.207.3196.0) seems to be hung at 0%.

Had to follow the instructions here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/71cb5932-65ae-4d86-a869-77691fe922ef/windows-7-updates-are-hung?forum=w7itprogeneral

And then I followed some instructions about turning off antivirus, so I turned off Windows Defender. I had thought that Microsoft's new P2P distribution method might work, but like with other programs that opened a lot of sessions, this crashed Windows 10 Build 10547.

No comments:

Post a Comment